New bike lockers available at El Cerrito Plaza BART Station
The City of El Cerrito recently celebrated the grand opening of 48 new bicycle lockers at the El Cerrito Plaza BART Station along the Ohlone Greenway. These bike lockers offer several advantages:
- No reservation required: these lockers are not reserved in advance. There are plenty of lockers available and all you need is a BikeLink Card.
- Safe and Cost Effective: Use of the secure, enclosed bike lockers is free for the first five hours and just 4 cents an hour for every hour past five hours.
- Convenient: You can leave your helmet and your bicycle inside the locker; no need to remove tires or carry around heavy locks.
You must first purchase a $20 BikeLink Card to use the lockers. Each time you use the locker any charges you incur will be deducted from the balance of the card. As explained above, you can store your bike in a locker for up to five hours for free.
You may purchase a BikeLink Card at any one of the following locations:
1) The BikeLink Website - http://www.bikelink.org/
2) El Cerrito Plaza BART Station Snack Bar
3) City of El Cerrito Administrative Services
10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Funds for El Cerrito's BikeLink installation were provided by the City of El Cerrito, the Bay Area Air Quality Management District's Fund for Clean Air in cooperation with the Contra Costa Transportation Authority, the West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee, the Metropolitan Transportation Commission and the California Department of Transportation.