Longer trains around holiday will accommodate shoppers & air travelers
The day after Thanksgiving is traditionally one of the busiest shopping days of the year and once again BART will provide convenient, affordable and reliable transportation to bargain hunters. Full-length trains will operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. This will almost double the number of seats available to BART riders during the late morning and early afternoon hours.
TAKE BART TO THE BEST SHOPPING
BART stations are conveniently located near some of the best shopping areas in the region. Here are just a few examples:
- Powell Street Station serves the San Francisco Centre mall and is just a block or two from the world famous stores of Union Square.
- Oakland City Center/12th Street Station serves Oakland City Center mall and the shops of Downtown Oakland's shopping district.
- Bay Fair Station opens onto Bayfair Mall.
- Rockridge Station is in the heart of Oakland's fashionable Rockridge District.
- San Bruno Station is next to the newly remodeled Tanforan Shopping District.
Shoppers taking BART on Friday are likely to find another bonus: with many workers taking the day after Thanksgiving off, more parking will likely be available at BART stations. East Bay and Peninsula residents can stash their cars at BART Stations and forget the hassle of trying to negotiate crowded city streets and paying exorbitant parking fees.
TAKE BART TO OR FROM THE AIRPORT
On Wednesday, November 23 and Sunday, November 27 BART will run longer trains on the Dublin/Pleasanton Line (Blue) to accommodate air travelers. The Blue line serves both San Francisco International and Oakland International Airports.