Earthquake upgrade construction to start inside West Oakland Station
Starting early July 2010, construction crews will start earthquake strengthening work inside the West Oakland Station. Crews will construct scaffolding and enclosures around work areas and at times will need to temporarily change pedestrian access inside the station. This means it may take longer to make your way through the station and around the work areas. In addition, while we’re doing this work you can expect temporary construction-related noise and dust. Please proceed around construction areas with caution and watch for signs with safety information and other notices. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this work.
Construction Work Details
- Description: Constructing temporary scaffolding and enclosures, adding steel and concrete to foundations, wrapping columns with reinforcement, and protecting utilities and equipment
- Location: Inside the paid area of West Oakland Station
- Start Date: Early July 2010
- Duration: Through fall 2010
- General Work Hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with some night work; emergency work as necessary
To contact the Earthquake Safety Program or obtain additional information, please visit our website at www.bart.gov/earthquakesafety or call our Program Information Line at (510) 874-7425.
Si necesita información en español, por favor llame al 510.412.5546.