As part of our system-wide Earthquake Safety Program, we have begun strengthening structures at the Daly City Station to withstand future earthquakes. The work requires temporary relocation of some of the bicycle lockers and bicycle racks. Lockers and racks will be closed on Monday, August 9, 2010, to allow crews to move them. Download a diagram (.pdf) showing the approximate relocation of the lockers and racks.
Construction Work Details
- Description: Temporary relocation of bicycle lockers and racks.
- Location: From current location across the road to the northwest
- Start Date: August 9, 2010
- Duration: Approximately 4 months
- General Work Hours: Lockers and racks will reopen in the temporary location August 10, 2010
- Bicycles or equipment left in the lockers will be moved by contractors at your own risk.
Lockers will remain in service during the move, and BikeLink technicians will relocate locker contents along with the lockers. If you do not want your bicycle moved, please do not park in these lockers on 8/9. For questions about the bicycle lockers, please call BikeLink at 1-888-540-0546.
In approximately four months, construction in the area will be complete, and the bicycle lockers and racks will be returned to their original locations. Please watch for notices regarding changes during future construction stages and pay attention to signs with safety information.
To contact the Earthquake Safety Program or obtain additional information, please visit our website at www.bart.gov/earthquakesafety or call our Program Information Line at (415) 678-4018. Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.
Si necesita información en Español, por favor llame al (415) 678-4018.