As part of work to upgrade our stations and improve Americans with Disabilities Act compliance, we will be temporarily closing some elevators at three stations over the next several weeks: 12th St./Oakland City Center Station; 19th St./Oakland Station and MacArthur Station Details on each closure can be found below.
12th St./Oakland City Center Station Temporary Elevator Closures:
• The platform-level elevator located at the 11th Street end of the station will be closed from September 27 through October 1. During this closure you will need to proceed to the next BART station on your route to enter or exit the platform area.
• The street-level elevator at 12th and Broadway will be closed October 4-6.
• The street-level elevator at Frank Ogawa Plaza will be closed October 7 & 8.
19th St./Oakland Station Temporary Elevator Closures:
• One platform-level elevator will be out of service on October 18 through the 22.
• The street-level elevator will be out of service on October 25 and 26.
MacArthur Station Temporary Elevator Closures:
• One platform-level elevator will be out of service on October 11, 12 and one half of the day on the 13th.
• The second platform-level elevator will be out of service on October 13, 14 and 15.
Sign up for elevator updates via email at bart.gov/alerts or visit bart.gov/sms to learn about on-demand updates via text message or call our Elevator Availability phone line: (510)834-LIFT or (888)235-3828. Please contact BART Customer Service at (510) 465-BART with questions or for other access suggestions. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your choosing to ride BART.