BART seeks public input on possible El Cerrito del Norte Station upgrades
The busy El Cerrito del Norte Station will be getting upgrades through BART’s Station Modernization Program, and we’re seeking your feedback on what matters most to you.
BART planners are developing a comprehensive redesign of the station to help modernize and improve the station’s function, safety, capacity, sustainability, appearance and enhance the overall customer and employee experience.
Share your thoughts on the proposed improvements by attending our in-station open house event on Thursday, October 9, from 4 pm to 7 pm; or go to the project webpage to examine the proposed modernization plan. If you cannot attend the event you can email email@example.com directly with your comments.
Proposed unfunded improvements
We’re asking the public to weigh in on a variety of upgrades, such as:
• An enhanced Ohlone Greenway connection
• Sustainable landscaping
• Glass enclosed stairs and escalators to brighten up the station
• Improved pedestrian lighting
• Platform roof expansion (to keep you dry during the rainy season while waiting for your train)
• Install solar panels
• Improved signage to modernize the station
In addition to these new possibilities, BART is also moving forward with other improvements identified by the public for which BART has already secured funding.
Improvements already in design and coming soon
BART has entered the design phase of the following improvements:
• Upgraded public bathrooms
• Brighter and more efficient LED lighting
• Refurbished mosaic artwork and new public art
• New pedestrian amenities such as benches, lighting and windscreens
• Improved pedestrian and bicycle access
Want to see more? Join us at our in-station open house or go to the project website www.bart.gov/elcerritodelnorte to read the proposed modernization plan.