Two positions open on BART Police Citizen Review Board
The BART Board of Directors is currently in the process of recruiting a public-at-large appointee and an appointee from District 2 (East Contra Costa County) for the BART Police Citizen Review Board (BPCRB).
The BPCRB is comprised of 11 members. One public-at-large position is appointed jointly by the BART Board of Directors. There is also currently an open position to be appointed by Director Joel Keller from District 2.
Members of the BPCRB work to increase the public's confidence in BART's Policing services by:
- Reviewing, recommending and monitoring the implementation of changes to police policies, procedures and practices
- Receiving citizen allegations of on-duty police misconduct
- Advising Board of Directors, General Manager, Independent Police Auditor and Police Chief
- Participating in recommending appropriate disciplinary action
- Meeting periodically with representatives of the BART Police associations
- Participating in community outreach
Application period closes on May 11, 2018
Call (510) 874-7477 with any questions.