Station Modernization Project
BART is advancing the second round of the Station Modernization Program, which will invest resources into the existing core stations and surrounding areas to advance transit ridership and enhance the quality of life around the stations.
As part of our Station Modernization effort. BART is currently developing design and construction estimates for 19th St/Oakland Station. The goal of the project is to develop potential station improvements to upgrade and modernize the station’s function, safety, capacity, sustainability, appearance, and improve the customer experience.
See the proposed improvements here (also available in en Español & 在中国).
The Station is estimated to be under construction beginning in Fall of 2016.
19th St/Oakland Station Modernization Conceptual Design Plan - Click here to view a copy of the Conceptual Design Plan for the 19th St/Oakland Station. The plan identifies all the long-term improvements needed at the station and outlines the first phase of improvements that BART is advancing into Preliminary Engineering and Design.
As part of our Station Modernization effort, BART is currently developing a comprehensive vision for the 19th St/Oakland Station as a gateway station. The goal of the project is develop a comprehensive vision to upgrade and modernize the station. The Vision for the 19th St/Oakland Station is to modernize the station so that it demonstrates BART’s commitment to advancing transit ridership, improve the transit experience, enhance the quality of life around the stations and meet BART’s needs for the future. The station modernization will be based on the themes of:
Vibrancy – Reflect the energy of the surrounding community and enhance the station’s existing strengths
Connectivity – Strengthen multi-modal and universal access to the station and promote a safe and comfortable customer experience
Sustainability – Incorporate sustainable materials and technologies into the station to increase the life-cycle value of the station’s infrastructure and to conserve natural resources and protect the public investment
The improvements focus on increasing safety, capacity, sustainability, appearance, and enhancing the customer experience. In developing potential improvements for the station, BART has undertaken a planning process to:
- Identify existing station deficiencies
- Consider impacts of development and growth on station ridership
- Understand future access, capacity and operational issues
- Consider art & place-making improvements
- Coordinate conversation with stakeholders
- Engage the community to help identify and prioritize improvements
- Please Contact Sarah Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Planner with any questions or comments.
- If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752. 若您需要语言帮助服务，请拨电: 510-464-6752。Si usted necesita algún servicio de asistencia de lenguaje, por favor llame al 510-464-6752.