Rendering of upgraded LED and accent lighting in 19th St./Oakland Station
BART is advancing design of Phase 1 of the 19th St./Oakland Station Modernization improvements. The improvements include:
- Replacement of existing station lighting with energy-efficient LED lighting and new accent lighting
- Repair of terrazzo flooring and ceramic wall tiles
- New glass railings and fare barriers
- New public art installations in stairwells and on lower platform
- Expansion of interior bike parking
Construction of Phase 1 is expected to begin in 2017.
BART is currently seeking funding to implement additional improvements identified in the Station Modernization Plan.
Station Modernization Plan
BART completed the 19th St./Oakland Station Plan in 2014. The goal of the plan is to develop a long-term vision to upgrade and modernize the station's function, safety, capacity, sustainability, and appearance, as well as to improve the overall customer experience. To view the 19th St./Oakland Station Modernization Plan, please click here.
BART conducted in-station events and an online survey to get input on the Station Modernization Plan in June 2014. Over 629 people provided feedback.
The following were rated as the most important improvements by survey participants:
- Maintain and upgrade general infrastructure functionality – e.g. ensure that escalators/elevators work, repair elevator leaks, increase storage for cleaning equipment, replace worn out hardware (75% surveyed rated as "important" or "extremely important")
- Improve general station cleanliness and upkeep – e.g. repaint ceilings and repairing floors, repair damaged bricks (68% surveyed rated as "important" or "extremely important")
- Upgrade the lighting within the station, including more energy efficient lighting (61% surveyed rated as "important" or "extremely important")
If you wish to view the public consultation materials, please click here.
Please Contact Ian Griffiths (email@example.com), Senior Planner, with any questions or comments.
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752.
Si necesita servicios de asistencia de idiomas, llame al 510-464-6752.
Nếu quý vị cần ðược giúp ðỡ về ngôn ngữ, xin vui lòng gọi số 510-464-6752.
통역이 필요하신 분은, 510-464-6752로 문의하십시오.
Kung kailangan mo ang tulong ng mga serbisyo ng wika, paki tawagan ang (510) 464-6752.