The BART Bicycle Task Force generally meets the first Monday of every other (even number) month in Oakland at the MetroCenter Building across the street from the Lake Merritt BART Station. The meetings, which begin at 6:00 p.m., are open to the public.
The Task Force is charged with reviewing and working with BART to improve bicycle access to and on BART.
Specifically, the Bicycle Task Force:
- Reviews and advises on priorities for BART projects that affect bicyclists using the BART system.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of BART plans, policies, procedures, programs, maintenance activities, and facilities on bicyclists who use BART and recommend improvements to bicyclists’ ability to access and utilize BART stations and trains.
- Provides a public forum for and encourage public participation in the discussion and resolution of all BART-related bicycle safety, security, and access issues.
- Considers and supports the access needs of all bicyclists who use BART, including commuting, transportation, recreational, racing, and utilitarian bicyclists.
- Collaborates with other citizen’s advisory committees as appropriate, e.g., the BART Accessibility Task Force (BATF), in order to consider the needs and safety concerns of other passengers such as wheelchair users and those with mobility impairments who may interact with cyclists or use facilities with bicyclists on BART trains and around BART stations.
The BART Bicycle Advisory Task Force bylaws were adopted on 2-03-2014: Bylaws_BBATF_Adopted_02-2014.pdf
Task Force Members:
There are currently six appointed members of the Task Force, two people from each of the counties included in the BART special district: Alameda, Contra Costa and San Francisco. These members are appointed by each county's Bicycle Advisory Committee. The task force is currently recruitig new members to represent San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.
San Francisco City/County
Rick Goldman (Secretary)
Shirley Johnson (Vice Chair)
Contra Costa County
David Favello (Committee Chair)
San Mateo County
Santa Clara County
Steve Beroldo, Customer Access Department, is the BART staff liaison to the Task Force. If you have any questions about the Task Force or would like to send any comments to the Task Force, contact him by phone at (510) 464-6158 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.