Purchase Tickets at the Station
Automatic Ticket Machines
All BART stations sell tickets through automatic ticket machines that accept nickels, dimes, quarters and $1 coins, as well as $1 $5, $10 and $20 bills. Credit and debit cards may be used at all stations in select credit and debit machines.
BART's Lake Merritt (Oakland) and Embarcadero (San Francisco) Stations sell high value and discount tickets:
BART Customer Services Center (Oakland)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 5 pm
Location: Lake Merritt BART Station in Oakland
- All high value and discount tickets are available. For list of tickets and other services at the Customer Services Center, go to: https://www.bart.gov/guide/customerservices
Clipper® Customer Service Kiosk (San Francisco)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 am to 7 pm; Saturday, 9 am to 2 pm
Location: Embarcadero BART Station in San Francisco
- Adult, Discount Senior (age 65 and up), Discount Youth (age 5 to 12) Clipper Cards issued immediately.
- Discount Tickets: $60 High Value Blue ($64 value), Green (Senior), Red (Youth, Disabled)
- Paper commuter vouchers accepted
- NO commuter debit/credit cards accepted
- NO RTC (Regional Transit Connection Discount ID) or Disability Clipper Card applications accepted.
For further assistance, please contact Transit Information at www.bart.gov/siteinfo/contact.
Purchase Tickets at a Retail Location
BART red and green discount tickets are sold at some retail locations around the Bay Area.
UPDATE: All MyTransitPlus stores are permanently closed starting 12/30/16. Check www.bart.gov/tickets for BART ticket or smart card choices or selected retail vendors. Stores are being phased out as more riders use the Clipper Card. Visit www.clippercard.com for more information on the Clipper Card.
The only method to purchase BART fare online is www.clippercard.com. Clipper is an all-in-one transit card that keeps track of any passes, discount tickets, ride books and cash value that you load onto it, while applying all applicable fares, discounts and transfer rules.
Tickets by Mail
Send us a completed mail order form with a check or money order to receive your tickets by mail.
Purchase Tickets for a Student Group
Students on a school-sponsored field trip for an educational purpose are eligible. Students must be chaperoned by adults and enter and leave stations as a group.
Refund, Exchange or Donate Tickets
Learn more about claiming a ticket refund, consolidating tickets or donating the unused portion to local nonprofit.