We know you depend on BART and we're striving to give you the best service updates possible. You won't find any other transit agency offering more detailed service advisories in more places than we do. If you have any ideas for improvements, please let us know.
When are service advisories issued?
Our goal is to issue a BART Service Advisory when multiple trains are off schedule by 10 minutes or more. As a delay initially unfolds, we'll issue the advisory as soon as possible given other safety, security and operational priorities within the BART Operations Control Center.
Our goal is to issue a BART Elevator Advisory when platform-level elevators or street-level elevators at BART Stations go in and out of service.
Where can I get them?
BART service advisories are available in a number of places, including:
- BART's main homepage and individual station pages
- BART's wireless website (http://m.bart.gov)
- BART's RSS feed
- BART's email and text message subscription service
- BART's on-demand text message service
- BART's Advisory Twitter @SFBARTalert
- Numerous third-party applications