BIKES ON BART RULES
- During non-commute hours, bikes are allowed on all trains except the first car or any crowded car.
- During commute hours (7:00 to 9:00 AM and 4:30 to 6:30 PM, weekdays), bikes are not allowed in the first three cars of any train.
- Folded bikes are allowed in all cars at all times.
- Regardless of any other rule, bikes are never allowed on crowded cars. Use your good judgment and only board cars that can comfortably accommodate you and your bicycle.
- Bicyclists must hold their bikes while on the trains.
- Bicyclists must use elevators or stairs, not escalators.
- Bicycles must be walked in pedestrian areas in and around BART stations.
- Bicyclists must yield priority seating to seniors and people with disabilities, yield to other passengers, and not block aisles or doors.
- In case of an evacuation, leave your bike on the train and do not let it block aisles or doors.
- Bicyclists under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gas powered vehicles are never permitted.
- On BART property, bikes must be parked in racks and lockers. Bikes parked against poles, fences or railings will be removed.
Violation of the above rules is subject to citation under CA Vehicle Code Sec. 21113 and Sec. 42001.