Upcoming Projects Over The Next 3 Years
As we embark on a series of improvements to modernize the station over the next 3 years and to improve the overall customer experience, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank everyone for their patience. New projects include:
- New ceiling design and LED lighting system
- Phase 1 Modernization (Relocated TVM/Break room in Hallidie lobby area, Wayfinding and transit maps, Modified youth art tile wall with glass, BART paid area reconfiguration at Bloomingdales lobby area, Fare evasion barrier, Art)
- Escalator/entrance improvements (learn more at bart.gov/sfentrances)
Powell St. Modernization Plan
BART is advancing concept design as part of the Station Modernization Program, which will invest resources into the existing core stations and surrounding areas to support transit ridership and enhance the quality of life around the stations.
As part of our Station Modernization effort. BART is currently developing design and construction cost estimates for Civic Center Station. The goal of the project is to develop and prioritize potential station improvements to upgrade and modernize the station’s function, safety and security, capacity, sustainability, appearance, and improve the customer experience.
The Plan will position BART to partner and seek funding for implementation.
See some of the improvements here
As part of our Station Modernization effort, BART is currently developing a comprehensive vision for the Powell Station as a gateway station. The goal of the project is develop a comprehensive vision to upgrade and modernize the station. The Vision is to modernize the station so that it demonstrates BART’s commitment to advancing transit ridership, improving the transit experience, enhancing the quality of life around the stations and meeting BART’s needs for the future. The station modernization revolves around the themes of:
Vibrancy – Reflect the energy of the surrounding community and enhance the station’s existing strengths
Connectivity – Strengthen multi-modal and universal access to the station and promote a safe and comfortable customer experience
Sustainability – Incorporate sustainable materials and technologies into the station to increase the life-cycle value of the station’s infrastructure and to conserve natural resources and protect the public investment
The improvements focus on increasing safety, capacity, sustainability, appearance, and enhancing the customer experience. In developing potential improvements for the station, BART has undertaken a planning process to:
- Identify existing station deficiencies
- Consider impacts of development and growth on station ridership
- Understand future access, capacity and operational issues
- Consider art & place-making improvements
- Coordinate conversation with stakeholders
- Engage the community to help identify and prioritize improvements
Please Contact Tim Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or comments.
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752. 若您需要语言帮助服务，请拨电: 510-464-6752。Si usted necesita algún servicio de asistencia de lenguaje, por favor llame al 510-464-6752.