The Muni platform and the eastside walkway are completed and open to our customers. The next phase of the project will be to deck the east side of station in the paid area that will allow BART to replace the existing glass canopy with a new headhouse.
Balboa Park Phase 2 Eastside Project
- Objectives: Enhance accessibility, convenience, visibility + sightlines, safety + security, and placemaking
- Multi-agency coordination with BART, SFMTA + SFCTA
1. Accessible, structurally reinforced pathway from the completed Westside Project over the concrete planter
2. New Eastside deck and head house structure
3. New accessible pathway to Muni Metro key stop
4. Elevated accessible pathway and continuous railing to the existing station entrance, as well as a new entrance by the BART ticket vending machines/faregates.
5. Optional interior upgrades: clerestory glass panels, travertine wall panels, and enhanced lighting.
* NOTE: A separate wayfinding project will be advertised in the coming months and coordinated with this project.
- Currently in the construction phase.
- Coordinating with SFMTA Green Yard Rail Replacement.
Balboa Park Station Modernization Plan
BART is currently advancing concept design as part of the Station Modernization Program, which will invest resources into the existing core stations and surrounding areas to support transit ridership and enhance the quality of life around the stations.
As part of our Station Modernization effort. BART is currently developing design and construction cost estimates for Balboa Park Station. The goal of the project is to develop and prioritize potential station improvements to upgrade and modernize the station’s function, safety and security, capacity, sustainability, appearance, and improve the customer experience. BART is also partnering with the City to identify plaza improvements to support the Upper Yard Affordable Housing Project.
The Plan will position BART to partner and seek funding for implementation.
More information on Balboa Park Modernization Planning at www.bart.gov/balboapark
Please Contact Tim Chan (email@example.com) with any questions or comments.
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752. 若您需要语言帮助服务，请拨电: 510-464-6752。Si usted necesita algún servicio de asistencia de lenguaje, por favor llame al 510-464-6752.