Beginning Monday, June 4, 2007, contractors for the Pleasant Hill BART Transit Village will begin road construction and underground utilities work on Coggins Drive near the intersection at Jones Road.
- Crews installing a new sewer line will close Coggins Drive Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for approximately one month.
- The surface parking lot adjacent to the BART parking garage entrance will be closed permanently. Construction crews will erect a fence around the lot while a new garage entrance is constructed. Parking is available at the Professionally Assisted Parking Lot, parking garage and other surface parking lots.
- Construction crews will begin clearing the site across from the BART parking garage for the new Jones Road alignment. Pedestrians approaching from the Iron Horse Trail will need to follow signs for an alternate route.
- County Connection, Solano Express & Benicia Breeze Buses will maintain service during the road closure, however some buses temporarily will be rerouted. For updated information visit www.cccta.org or call 925.676.7500.
- Look for detour signs posted to route traffic around the closure.
- Construction will not affect pedestrian access along Coggins Drive from Las Juntas Way. However, it may be necessary to occasionally reroute pedestrian traffic to accommodate construction activities.
For your safety, please follow the signs and proceed carefully.
This construction of the parking garage is part of the Pleasant Hill Station Transit Village Project, a development that incorporates office space, retail and housing in the area surrounding the station. The road construction and underground utilities work are part of the overall improvements to the development site.
BART will continue to keep you informed by providing additional passenger bulletins. If you have any questions about this work, please call 510.464.6235.
BART thanks you in advance for your cooperation and patience during this work.