Riders can trade in small or damaged tickets for new, higher value tickets at a special one-day event
BART riders with damaged tickets or a handful of tickets with minimal remaining value can take them to a special BART ticket exchange event and get credit toward a new single ticket.
This is a one-day opportunity, Monday, September 24, 2007 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Concord Senior Center. BART Customer Services representatives will be on hand to assist with transactions.
Riders can consolidate small blue tickets to buy a single $5, $10 or $20 blue ticket or use the cash value from a damaged ticket as credit toward the purchase of a new ticket.
Riders can exchange $24 worth of small red and green discount tickets for a new, single $24 red or green ticket, or use the cash value from small red or green tickets as credit toward the purchase of a new $24 red or green ticket.
Some restrictions apply: BART will not provide cash refunds; there is a limit of 30 tickets per transaction; cash only for payment (no checks, debit or credit cards will be accepted); tickets submitted for exchange must have been purchased by cash or debit card.
Call BART Customer Services at (510) 464-7137 for more information.
BART customers can exchange tickets year-round at the following BART stations:
- Downtown Berkeley, Wednesdays only, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 12th Street/Oakland City Center, Tuesday and Thursday only, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Bay Fair, Monday through Friday, 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Embarcadero, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Civic Center, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Powell Street, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.