BART invites public to May 2 meeting on civilian police oversight models
WHEN: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 1:00 p.m.*
WHERE: Joseph P. Bort Metro Center Auditorium
101 - 8th Street in Oakland
(across from Lake Merritt BART Station)
Part I - Civilian Oversight Models
Learn how civilian oversight of police is managed from experienced professionals representing:
- City and County of San Francisco Police Commission and Office of Citizens’ Complaints
- City of Richmond Confidential Investigative and Appeals Office
- City of Sacramento Office of Public Safety Accountability
- City of Oakland Citizen’s Review Board
- City of Berkeley Police Review Commission
- ACLU of Northern California
Part II - Discuss outcomes you want to see BART Achieve by Establishing Civilian Oversight
For details about the BART Police Department Review Committee and to find information on civilian oversight models visit our "latest news" page.
* This is the 1st in a series of public meetings on civilian oversight. The next meeting is being planned for mid-May and will be announced soon.