BART runs limited overnight service on Halloween
But not Sunday night into Monday morning
It’s official – BART will definitely run limited overnight service beginning at midnight tonight until the start of normal Sunday morning service, which resumes around 8 a.m.
BART said yesterday that it would extend service past its usual midnight closing time to run overnight trains unless Caltrans decided before 3 p.m. today to open the bridge tonight. With the 3 p.m. deadline now passed and no word yet about reopening the bridge from Caltrans, BART wants passengers to know its trains will indeed run overnight tonight – even if later this evening Caltrans decides to open the bridge.
Tonight’s overnight service will run hourly to 14 selected stations (see list of stations below). However, BART will not run overnight service from Sunday night into Monday morning because BART must perform many state-mandated safety inspections and conduct vital maintenance to ensure the safety and reliability of Monday’s morning’s commute.
During normal operating hours each day this weekend, BART will run on its normal schedule, however many trains will be longer where needed – especially this Halloween evening.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT HALLOWEEN SERVICE TONIGHT:
- Only 14 of BART’s 43 stations will be open overnight and trains will run hourly. BART strongly urges passengers who take advantage of the overnight service to avoid being stranded by boarding a train at a station during the day that will be open overnight.
- Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Sunday. Please set your watches and clocks back one hour and refer to the appropriate time in the overnight time tables below.
- Bay Fair (parking available)
- Downtown Berkeley
- Coliseum/Oakland Airport (parking available)
- Concord (parking available)
- Dublin/Pleasanton (parking available)
- El Cerrito Del Norte (parking available)
- MacArthur (parking available, timed BART transfer point)
- Oakland City Center/12th St. (timed BART transfers, AC Transit transfer point)
- Walnut Creek (parking available)
San Francisco and Peninsula
Schedule for overnight service (all times a.m.):
|CONCORD TO SAN FRANCISCO / SFIA|
|SFIA / SAN FRANCISCO TO CONCORD|
|DUBLIN / PLEASANTON TO EL CERRITO DEL NORTE|
|EL CERRITO DEL NORTE TO DUBLIN / PLEASANTON|
LEGEND: 12ST=Oakland City Center/12th Street; 24ST=24th Street Mission, BAYF=Bay Fair; DBRK=Downtown Berkeley; COLS=Coliseum/Oakland Airport; CONC=Concord; DALY=Daly City; DELN=El Cerrito Del Norte; DUBL=Dublin/Pleasanton; EMBR=Embarcadero; MCAR=MacArthur; POWL=Powell; SFIA=San Francisco International Airport; WCRK=Walnut Creek.