BART is expecting large crowds heading into and out of San Francisco on New Year’s Eve. You can help keep BART running safely and smoothly by following these simple tips:
- Buy a round-trip ticket before you start your trip; that way you can avoid lines at ticket vending machines on your way home.
- Avoid ticket machines altogether by signing up for a Clipper card at clippercard.com and loading it with cash value or BART’s high value discount product.
- Just after midnight is the busiest time at BART’s downtown San Francisco stations. Avoid the rush by leaving San Francisco a little earlier or staying later. BART will run until 3 a.m. on New Year’s Eve.
- If you must leave San Francisco right after the fireworks end, remember that Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond riders must use Montgomery Street Station and Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont riders must use Embarcadero Station.
- As always, there is no eating, drinking or smoking in BART stations or on BART trains.
- Bicycles are not allowed in crowded stations or on crowded trains.
- Remember to stay safely behind the yellow platform edge tiles.
- Once train doors begin closing, stay clear of the doors and do not attempt to hold the doors open.
- If you are in need of emergency assistance, contact a BART employee, use the intercom on each train car or call 911.
- If you have parked your car at a BART station, please be sure to have a designated driver to get you home safely.
Leaen more about BART's special service on New Year's Eve. Happy holidays and thank you for riding BART!