BART will run until 3 am on New Year's Eve 2015
Special service to and from San Francisco starts at 8 pm
Let BART help you ring in the New Year! BART will extend service on New Year’s Eve to get you home safely from festivities. BART will run a normal weekday evening service schedule which will extend until 3 am. Trains will run every 20 minutes after midnight with extra trains standing by in downtown San Francisco after the fireworks show.
To further ease platform crowding at our busiest stations, Embarcadero, Montgomery, and West Oakland, beginning at 8 pm, BART will utilize a “skip-stop” train pattern into and out of San Francisco:
Going into San Francisco- After 8pm:
• Trains from the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines heading into San Francisco will not stop at Embarcadero Station. The San Francisco stop closest to the fireworks show for customers on the Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines will be Montgomery Street Station.
• Trains from the Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont lines will not stop at Montgomery Street Station but will stop at Embarcadero Station.
• Trains from Millbrae and Daly City will make all stops in San Francisco.
After the fireworks end:
• Passengers bound for Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond must use Montgomery Street Station. Trains on these lines will not stop at Embarcadero Station on their way out of San Francisco.
• Passengers on the Dublin/ Pleasanton and Fremont lines must use Embarcadero Station, as trains heading to Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont will not stop at Montgomery Street Station. Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont trains will not stop at West Oakland and will make their first East Bay stop at Lake Merritt.
• Daly City and Millbrae passengers should use Montgomery Street Station, which will be less crowded.
Passengers can check Real Time Departures on their mobile phone (http://m.bart.gov) to see when the next train is leaving or text "BART go" to 468311. A timetable for New Year's Eve service (.pdf) is also available.
Purchase Round-trip Tickets or Load Cash Value on Clipper Card
To avoid lines at ticket machines, BART is encouraging customers to purchase round-trip tickets in advance. Additionally, customers who use the Clipper Card should pre-load it with cash so it can be used on any participating transit system that accepts Clipper (www.clippercard.org).
Sunday Service on New Year's Day
On New Year’s Day, Friday, January 1, 2016, BART will operate on a Holiday/Sunday timetable with service beginning at 8 am.