Since 2010, the Real BART API (http://api.bart.gov/) has been a one-stop shop for your next killer app:
- Complete BART trip plans from BART's official trip planning engine
- Car crowding levels, special schedule notices, advisories and fare calculations
- Real time estimates by platform, including direction and car length
- Abbreviated service advisories (< 160 characters, like we use in our SMS services)
- Station information, and so much more...
Two ways to get a validation key
- (1) No strings attached
We've never make you register for BART open data and our License Agreement is one of the least restrictive in the business. So whether you're kicking the tires or taking it to production, just give our customers good information and don't hog community resources:
- (2) Strings with benefits
If you sign up for your very own special key you'll still be able to access the API if it turns into a tragedy of the commons. Plus you'll get a backstage pass to check out pre-release functionality that may just break everything you're working on -- or give you a leg up in the marketplace.
We have a few requests
- Keep your work up to date
Things will change. When they do we'll try to give you plenty of notice through the opt-in email list and the BART Developers Google Group.
- Don't use the BART logo
Only we get to use official BART trademarks and copyrighted works to let customers know they're getting info directly from BART versus one of the tons of other places that use BART open data.
- Don't forget about us
Give us a shout out or a link back and let us know about the cool stuff you're doing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will you help me troubleshoot?
Sorry. If we help you, it's only fair that we help everyone else, too. We simply don't have the resources for that. The Real BART API has great documentation and you can always ask questions to the BART Developers Google Group.
- What are your plans for future development?
All of our developer services are created on what we call "BART one percent time." In that context, we're doing our best to add new features, fix problems and keep it all going. Drop us a line if you have any suggestions.