For More Information
For more information about the BART Earthquake Safety Program, please call the Project Information Line at (510) 874-7425, or email email@example.com.
On This Page:
Major Earthquake Safety Construction in Progress
As part of BART's ongoing systemwide Earthquake Safety Program, construction work is now in progress on several stations, structures and customer areas. Over the next several years, you will encounter work at various locations throughout the BART system. We appreciate your patience during this work, and will attempt to minimize construction-related noise, dust and inconvenience during the retrofit process. We anticipate the completion of all earthquake upgrades by 2022.
- Bay Fair, Concord, Daly City, El Cerrito Plaza, El Cerrito Del Norte, Fremont, Hayward, Lafayette, Lake Merritt, MacArthur, Orinda, Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Center, Rockridge, San Leandro, South Hayward, Walnut Creek, and West Oakland stations
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA/Muni) Church Street Station (owned by BART)
- Parking structures at Concord, Daly City, El Cerrito del Norte, Hayward, Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre and Walnut Creek stations
- Elevated structures in Albany, Berkeley, Concord, Daly City, El Cerrito, Fremont, Hayward, Lafayette, West Oakland, East Oakland (from Colisuem Station to San Leandro border), North Oakland, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, San Francisco, San Leandro, Union City and Walnut Creek
- Transbay Tube Oakland Vibro-replacement and Ventilation Structure, Landside and Marine Vibro-replacement/Compaction Demonstration Programs and San Francisco Transition Structure
- Miscellaneous Structures in Oakland, San Francisco, and Daly City
- Miscellaneous Structures in Oakland, Concord, El Cerrito, and Walnut Creek
- Specialty Trackwork Procurement
Construction in Progress
- Elevated Structures in Oakland between Lake Merritt Station and Coliseum Station
- OKS Rail Spur
- Transbay Tube Retrofit
Construction Tentatively Scheduled to Begin in 2017
- Coliseum and Fruitvale stations
The extent, hours and construction activities will vary at each location. Please watch for future updates with more details. As always, safety is BART's top priority. Our aim is to strengthen the BART system and facilities as quickly as possible, while maintaining BART service. We thank you again for your patience and cooperation.
Please scroll down for information on the current status of upgrades throughout the system. For more details you may email the Earthquake Safety Program.
Transbay Tube/San Francisco/Daly City
For more information about projects in San Francisco and Daly City, call the Project Information Line at (415) 678-4018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about projects in Oakland, call the Project Information Line at (510) 874-7425
or email email@example.com.
Speicialty Trackwork Procurement
|July 2016||May 2017|
Bay Fair Station
|July 2015||May 2017|
Additional retrofits to 4 Piers in Richmond
|July 2015||Setpember 2016|
Retrofits to entrances at Embarcadero Station and RFP wrap at various locations
|May 2015||February 2016|
Miscellaneous retrofits at various locations
|September 2014||December 2015|
San Leandro, Hayward, South Hawyard, and Fremont stations
|April 2013||March 2015|
Las Juntas Pathway Restoration
|May 2014||November 2014|
Orinda, Walnut Creek, and Pleasant Hill stations
|July 2011||September 2014|
Elevated Structures along the Ohlone Greenway through Berkeley, Albany, El Cerrito, and portions of Richmond.
Elevated Structures along San Leandro Street from Coliseum/Oakland Airport Station to the San Leandro Border
Elevated Structures from the Oakland Border to Bay Fair Station
Elevated Structures in North Oakland along Martin Luther King Jr. Way from 47th Street in Oakland to 62nd Street in Berkeley.
El Cerrito Del Norte Station
Alameda Creek and Union Pacific Railroad grade separations
Elevated Structures in West Oakland, between the Transbay Tube Portal and Interstate 880
El Cerrito Plaza Station
Elevated Structures in Hayward and Union City
Elevated Structures in San Francisco and Daly City
Elevated Structures in West Oakland, between Interstate 880 and Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Elevated Structues in Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and Concord
Hayward Parking Structure
El Cerrito del Norte Parking Structure
West Oakland Station
Daly City Station
Daly City Parking Structure
Walnut Creek Station Parking Structure
Concord Station Parking Structure
Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre Station Parking Structure
Lake Merritt Station
San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA/Muni) Church Street Station (Owned by BART)
Last Updated: June 8, 2017