BART to implement daily parking fees at ten stations
BART will begin phasing in daily parking fees at the 10 busiest East Bay stations over the next six months. The fee/permit program will offer you a variety of options for parking while helping BART maintain high quality service and meet its difficult financial challenges.
Three Phase Program
The daily parking fee program will be implemented at the 10 East Bay stations in three phases:
- Phase I: Lake Merritt, West Oakland, MacArthur, Rockridge
- Phase II: Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek
- Phase III: North Berkeley, Ashby, Dublin/Pleasanton
The parking fees will be in effect weekdays from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fee at all stations will be $1.00 per day with the exception of West Oakland, where the fee will be $5.00 per day.
The fee at West Oakland will be higher because of the high demand for parking there and because surrounding lots charge a similar fee.
Alternatives to the Daily Fee
- Single Day Reserved: Customers can be assured of having a parking space by reserving in advance, online at www.bart.gov/parking, before arriving at the station. Customers print and display the permit in their car.
- Monthly Reserved: Customers can also save time by buying a monthly permit online at www.bart.gov/parking. The cost of monthly reserved parking permits varies from station to station.
Thanks for Your Cooperation
BART thanks you in advance as we begin to phase-in the parking fee program. Information on the daily fee payment procedures will be provided to you before the implementation of the program at individual stations. Remember that BART is beginning the parking fee program in order to maintain the high level of quality service you expect and deserve. We appreciate your patience and loyalty.