BART to implement $1.00 daily parking fee at Lake Merritt Station
Beginning Monday, October 31st, BART will be implementing a $1.00 daily parking charge at Lake Merritt Station as part of its paid parking program. The program is being implemented at BART's 10 busiest stations in the East Bay. Payment of parking fees will be required on weekdays between 4:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. The fee/permit program will offer customers a variety of parking options while helping BART maintain high quality service and meet its difficult financial challenges.
New signs will be installed designating Permit and Fee areas. The Permit area is restricted to customers with monthly reserved, single day reserved or airport/long-term reserved permits until 10:00 a.m. After 10 a.m., any available space becomes a daily paid space.
Customers using the daily fee payment option should follow these procedures:
1. Park your car and take note of your parking stall number. You may fi nd it helpful to write it down and carry it with you.
2. Add the cost of daily parking to the cost of the BART ticket.
3. Proceed through the fare gates and go to parking validation/add-fare machine.
4. Insert your train ticket into the parking validation machine and punch in your parking space number.
5. The parking fee will be deducted from your ticket and you will be provided with a receipt.
Other Parking Options
Single Day Reserved: Customers can be assured of having a parking space by reserving it in advance online at www.bart.gov before arriving at the station. Customers print and display the permit in their car. The cost is $4.50 per day.
Airport/Long Term Reserved: Customers can reserve parking for longer than 24 hours by buying this type of permit here. The cost is the equivalent of $5.00 per day.
For more information on BART's parking programs, visit Parking Section of bart.gov.