Professional Assisted Parking begins at Pleasant Hill Station
On Monday, April 17, 2006, testing of a new Professional Assisted Parking Program begins at the Pleasant Hill Station, ONLY at the Oak Road/Wayne Drive side of the Station. The parking lot next to the existing garage, off Las Juntas Way, will remain open until Monday, April 24, when the program is expected to be fully implemented. The program will assist customers in parking during the construction of the new garage, adjacent to the existing garage. The new garage is part of the Pleasant Hill Transit Village Project.
This new program is free to BART customers and is intended to replace the parking spaces that will be lost due to construction of the new garage. The parking lot next to the garage will permanently close once the program is fully implemented. The parking garage will remain open during construction. Access into the Station from Wayne Drive will close during construction.
The Professional Assisted Parking Program will be in place through the duration of the construction of the new parking garage, which is expected to take approximately 18-24 months to complete. Central Parking System, a professional parking management company, will be managing the program.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
- Central Parking System staff will be on site at the Professional Assisted Parking lot from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This lot will be closed on the weekends and holidays.
- Vehicles will enter in the morning through two new entrances from Oak Road to the Professional Assisted lot.
- You will be directed by an attendant to park your car in a specific location.
- The attendant will meet you at that location, note any damage to the vehicle, ask you what time you plan to return, and give you a claim stub in return for your vehicle keys.
- Upon return to the BART Station, you will go to a kiosk and provide your claim stub. Attendants will either direct you to your vehicle or will retrieve your vehicle from the lot.
- Average vehicle retrieval wait time is approximately 10 minutes.
- The Professional Assisted Parking lot will be closed and locked at 10:00 p.m., so you must return by 10:00 p.m. in order to retrieve your vehicle.
- There is a $35 fee to retrieve your vehicle after hours or for failure to leave your key with the attendant.
Again, this program is intended to replace parking spaces lost to construction. Customers may consider parking at North Concord, Concord or Walnut Creek stations.
Map of Plesant Hill Professional Assisted Parking Program area (.pdf)