Pride parade results in highest Sunday BART ridership ever
195,700 riders used BART to LGBT Pride parade
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender PRIDE parade yesterday drew so many people to BART that the agency experienced its highest ridership for a Sunday in its nearly 35 years of train service.
The final numbers show that 195,700 people rode BART yesterday, June 24, 2007, setting a Sunday ridership record. Those going to yesterday's Giants vs. New York Yankees game also contributed to Sunday's ridership high.
SUNDAY RIDERSHIP HISTORY
Out of the top 10 ridership records for a Sunday, no one single event has repeatedly driven ridership up to record levels with the exception of the PRIDE parade, which has set half of the top ten Sunday ridership records.
TOP TEN SUNDAY RIDERSHIP TOTALS
1. 195,700 6/24/2007 LGBT PRIDE Parade; Giants/NY Yankees
2. 191,100 2/16/2003 Peace Parade
3. 186,200 6/25/2006 LGBT PRIDE Parade
4. 185,000 6/27/2004 LGBT PRIDE Parade; A's/Giants
5. 178,900 6/26/2005 LGBT PRIDE Parade; A's/Giants
6. 175,800 9/03/2006 Bay Bridge Closure; A's/Baltimore
7. 168,800 5/20/2007 MacArthur Maze Connector Collapse; Bay to Breakers; A's/Giants
8. 167,200 6/30/2002 LGBT PRIDE Parade; A's/Giants
9. 164,200 12/31/2006 New Year's Eve Celebration; Jamie Fox
10. 161,400 10/8/2006 Fleet Week; 49ers/Raiders