Ways to receive timely information about BART service as Mehserle trial concludes
We know many of you are concerned about BART's service plans in the event there are public demonstrations in reaction to the conclusion of the Johannes Mehserle trial. Beginning Wednesday, June 30, we will use our website, wireless, text message, email alert and phone system to update you on what, if any, changes we may make to train service in order to deal with protests or other public reaction.
You can expect to receive these updates at least once daily throughout the remainder of the trial and during any public reaction that may follow. However, if circumstances warrant we will send you pertinent, timely service advisory information as often as necessary and as expeditiously as possible.
Depending on public reaction, we may need to close some stations temporarily or make other adjustment to service on short notice. BART Police and Operations staff are closely working with other local law enforcement agencies to coordinate plans. Our overall goal is to ensure your safety and to keep trains moving.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGING, EMAIL ALERTS OR CALL
We encourage you to take advantage of BART's free email, wireless and text messaging service (standard text messaging and data rates may apply – check with your mobile provider). You can sign up on our website at www.bart.gov/alerts.
Additionally, find out real-time information about BART service on our website, which you can also visit using your mobile device by pointing your browser to http://m.bart.gov. We also have a number of other digital tools to get this information (see list below). Finally, you can call our customer services line at 510-465-BART (2278).
Last but not least, we encourage you to take the time now to plan your alternative transportation options. Visit www.511.org or more information about alternative commute options.
As always, your safety is our top priority.
BART SERVICE INFORMATION CONTACT
- BART website news/schedules: http://www.bart.gov
- BART email & text alerts: http://www.bart.gov/alerts
- BART mobile website: http://m.bart.gov
- BART Twitter: @SFBART
- BART Facebook: BARTSF
- BARTtv News: http://www.bart.gov/barttv
- BART SMS information: Text 'BART service' to 878787 or visit http://www.bart.gov/sms for details.
- BART Phone Center 510-465-BART (2278)
REPORTING SECURITY, SAFETY OR HAZARDOUS ISSUES:
For urgent matters on BART dial 911, call (510) 464-7000, use the train intercom or contact a Station Agent. Here are additional useful numbers:
POLICE DEPARTMENTS CONTACT
- BART Police (non-emergency) 877-679-7000
- Oakland Police (emergency) 911 or 510-777-3211
- Oakland Police tip line 510-777-8814
- Oakland website/email alerts www.oaklandnet.com
- Oakland Police Twitter @oaklandpoliceca
- City of Oakland recorded messages/updates 510-444-CITY (2489)
- San Francisco Police (emergency) 911 or 415-553-8090