Parking fees begin January 18th at San Leandro Station
Beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2011, BART will begin charging a $1.00 daily parking fee at San Leandro Station. Drivers who park at this station will be required topay the daily fee weekdays from 4:00 am to 3:00 pm. The parking fee program, combined with existing programs, will offer customers a variety of parking options while helping BART maintain high quality service and meet its difficult financial challenges.
DAILY PARKING FEE PAYMENT
Using your Clipper Card with EZ Rider Parking
The easiest way to pay for daily parking is to link your Clipper card to BART’s EZ Rider parking.
- Go to www.clippercard.com and sign up for a Clipper card. If you want to use it to ride BART, sign up for the BART High Value Discount (HVD)product. You may also get a Clipper card from a retailer such as Walgreens or through an SF Muni vending machine.
- Once you have your Clipper card, go to the EZ Rider parking website at https://ezrider.bart.gov and click on the link to sign up to pay for parking with your Clipper card.
- Follow the instructions. If you already have an EZ Rider parking account you just need to replace your EZ Rider card number with your Clipper card number. You don’t need to replace your hang tag. If you are creating a new account, you will need to wait until you receive a hang tag by mail.
- Once you receive the hang tag, you will need to go back online to activate it. You will be able to start using your Clipper card to pay for parking within 24 hours after your hang tag is activated. The hang tag must be visibly attached to your rear view mirror when you park at BART.
- Simply touch the card to the sensor disc on the Parking Validation Machine located in the paid area of the BART station and you will have paid the $1 parking fee.
Using a BART Ticket or Cash
Without a Clipper card, you will need to take note of your parking stall number and then follow these procedures:
- Proceed through the fare gates and go to addfare/parking validation machine.
- Punch in your space number.
- Insert your blue BART ticket or a dollar bill into the addfare/parking validation machine.
- Take your receipt from the bottom tray of the addfare/parking validation machine.
PARKING LOT DESIGNATIONS
If you have a Monthly, Single Day or Airport/Long Term parking permit, park in the areas designated "Permit" parking. If you don’t have a permit, park in the areas designated "Fee" parking. After 10 a.m., any unoccupied spaces in the "Permit" areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis for Fee-paying drivers. Please note that only BART round trip customers are allowed to park in BART parking lots. "Casual carpoolers" must park elsewhere.