Help keep BART running smoothly on New Year's Eve
BART is expecting large crowds heading into and out of San Francisco on New Year’s Eve. You can help keep BART running safely and smoothly by following these simple tips:
- Buy a round-trip ticket before you start your trip; that way you can avoid lines at ticket vending machines on your way home.
- Avoid ticket machines altogether by signing up for a Clipper card at clippercard.com and loading it with cash value or BART’s high value discount product.
- Just after midnight is the busiest time at BART’s downtown San Francisco stations. Avoid the rush by leaving San Francisco a little earlier or staying later. BART will run until 3 a.m. on New Year’s Eve.
- If you must leave San Francisco right after the fireworks end, remember that Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond riders must use Montgomery Street Station and Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont riders must use Embarcadero Station.
- As always, there is no eating, drinking or smoking in BART stations or on BART trains.
- Bicycles are not allowed in crowded stations or on crowded trains.
- Remember to stay safely behind the yellow platform edge tiles.
- Once train doors begin closing, stay clear of the doors and do not attempt to hold the doors open.
- If you are in need of emergency assistance, contact a BART employee, use the intercom on each train car or call 911.
- If you have parked your car at a BART station, please be sure to have a designated driver to get you home safely.
Leaen more about BART's special service on New Year's Eve. Happy holidays and thank you for riding BART!