BART is partnering with Monterey Bay Aquarium to provide Free BART Rides for School Field Trips to Bay Area students this school year. Thanks to Monterey Bay Aquarium for providing the funding for this exciting program.
Approximately 40,000 students (up to age 18), teachers and chaperones will have the opportunity to ride BART free for educational field trips during the 2014-2015 school year.
Beginning in August, Bay Area schools may apply for free BART rides for educational field trips online on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you would like to be notified when we begin accepting applications, please fill out the online form here. You will receive an email with information on how and when you can apply for your school’s free BART rides for field trips.
Please apply at least 3 weeks in advance of your trip and plan on having 1 adult per 15 students.
Here is a list of some BARTable cultural and educational destinations:
- Davies Symphony Hall: Civic Center BART, walk 3 blocks
- Asian Art Museum: Civic Center BART, Walk 2 blocks
- California Historical Society: Montgomery Street BART, Walk 2 blocks
- Cartoon Art Museum: Montgomery Street BART, Walk 2 blocks
- Children's Creativity Museum: Powell Street BART, Walk 2 blocks
- Contemporary Jewish Museum: Montgomery Street BART, Walk 2 blocks
- Exploratorium: Embarcadero BART, 15 minute walk
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts: Montgomery Street BART, Walk 3 blocks
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre: Downtown Berkeley BART, Walk 1 block
- Lesher Center for the Arts: Walnut Creek BART, Walk 4 blocks