Ticket Sales, Refunds, Exchanges and Donations
Automatic Ticket and Clipper Vending Machines
BART stations sell tickets and Clipper cards through automatic vending machines that accept nickels, dimes, quarters and $1 coins, as well as$1, $5, $10 and $20 bills. There is a one-time $3 per card purchase charge from Clipper. Credit and debit cards may be used at all stations in select machines.
The only method to purchase BART fare onlineis www.clippercard.com. Clipper is an all-in-one transit card that keeps track of any passes, discount tickets, ride books and cash value that you load onto it, while applying all applicable fares, discounts and transfer rules. The value becomes available in 1-2 days. If you setup Autoload at clippercard.com the value is available immediately after a one-time credit or bank-card authorization process.
BART to Airport app mobile ticketing
BART is doing a one year test of mobile ticketing (through 12/2/19) with the BART to Airport app. It offers discounted mobile tickets for group airport travel. Learn more about how it works and download the app.
Lake Merritt (Oakland), Embarcadero (San Francisco), 12th Street/Oakland City Center (Oakland) Stations, Ferry Building (San Francisco) and San Francisco International Airport terminals sell tickets or provide services:
BART Customer Services Center@ Lake Merritt Station (Oakland)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 am–5pm(check below forTicket Exchange/RTC application hours)
Location: Lake Merritt Station (concourse level), 800 Madison Street, Oakland, CA 94607
- Debit/Credit Cards accepted for all transactions.
- Blue Tickets for Sale: $5, $20, $45and $60 tickets
- Red Tickets (Youth/Disabled): Limit of 3 per person, per day
- Green Tickets (Senior): Limit of 3 per person, per day
- Ticket Surcharge:There are ticket surcharges -$0.50 per trip for Blue tickets,19 cents for Green and Red tickets for people with disabilities. Red tickets for youth age 5 through 18pay a 25 cent surcharge per trip. Riders are encouraged to get the applicable Clipper card (www.clippercard.com) to avoid the surcharge.
- Ticket ExchangeHours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Ticket Exchange Limits: Blue Ticket - 1demagnetized ticket limit; RedTicket -10 ticket limit; GreenTicket -10 ticket limit
- Commuter Checks: Limit of 10 per person, per day.
- Senior Clipper Card (age 65 and over): Issued immediately. Show proof-of-age document such as driver's license, state ID card, birth certificate, passport, or other document verifying age.
- Youth Clipper Card (age 5 thru 18): Issued immediately. Show proof-of-age document such as driver's license, state ID card, birth certificate, passport, student ID card with date of birth, or other official document verifying age.
- Clipper RTC Discount IDor Regional Transit Connection Discount ID Card (disability card): Applications accepted Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30 pm
SENIOR/DISABILITY RIDERS: If you are a senior/disabled passenger who requires an attendant on transit, you and your attendant must both have personalized RTC Discount ID Cards in order for the attendant to pay the reduced fare. Transit agencies that do not accept Clipper ® require an RTC card to be eligible for the agency’s discount fare.Clipper® Customer Service Center @ Embarcadero Station (San Francisco)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 am – 7 pm; Saturday, 9am – 2 pm
Location:Embarcadero Station (concourse level), 298 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
- Personal Debit/Credit Cards,Paper Commuter Vouchers & TranServe Commuter Debit/Credit Cards: Accepted
- WageWorks or Commuter Check Debit/Credit Cards: NOT accepted
- BART Tickets:
Blue Tickets for Sale: $45 and $60 tickets
Red Tickets (Youth/Disabled)
Green Tickets (Senior)
- Adult Clipper Card: Issued immediately
- Senior Clipper Card: Issued immediately
- Youth Clipper Card: Issued immediately. Requires proof of eligibility such as a copy of a birth certificate, passport, or other official document verifying age.
- Clipper RTC Discount ID Card (disabled):Applications NOTaccepted
- Damaged Tickets: See any BART station agent
For further assistance, contact Transit Information Center atwww.bart.gov/siteinfo/contact.
BART Ticket Exchange@ 12thStreet/Oakland City Center Station (Oakland)
Hours: Tuesday & Thursday, 10 am – 1:30 pm, 2:45 pm – 6 pm
Location: 12th Street/Oakland City Center Station, 1245 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
Telephone: Customer Services at 510-464-7134
Tickets/Services: Tickets with minimal values can be consolidated into a larger single ticket. Please note the following restrictions:
- Additional cash may be required
- 12th Street will consolidate tickets to the nearest dollar i.e. $2, $3, $4 etc.
- Maximum of 30 tickets per transaction
- Tickets submitted for exchange must have been purchased by cash or debit card
- Tickets purchased with a credit card must be processed for a refund by a Station Agent
- No cash refunds
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Terminals (6 locations)
Location: San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA 94128
Tickets/Services: Blue(Adult), Red (Disabled/Youth) and Green (Senior) tickets are sold at:
- Arrival Level International Terminal A
- Arrival Level International Terminal G
- Arrival Level Terminal 1
- Arrival Level Terminal 2
- Arrival Level Terminal 3
- Departure Level International Terminal G
Ticket Surcharge:There are ticket surcharges -$0.50 per trip for Blue tickets,19 cents for Green and Red tickets for people with disabilities. Red tickets for youth age 5 through 18pay a 25 cent surcharge per trip. Riders are encouraged to get the applicable Clipper card (www.clippercard.com) to avoid the surcharge.
BART serves the San Francisco International Airport Station inside International Terminal, Level 3. All terminals are accessible by free AirTrain shuttle service. For SFO map, please go to www.flysfo.com.
Purchase Ticketsat a Retail Location
BART red and green discount tickets are sold at some retail locations around the Bay Area.
Group Tickets by Mail
For orders over 19 blue tickets, 3 red tickets, or 3 green tickets please send us a completed mail order form 21 working days prior to when the tickets are needed with a check or money order to receive your tickets by mail. For a dollar value quote please call Group Sales at 510-464-6964 or email at email@example.com and be ready to provide the start and finish stations, number of adults and youth.
There are ticket surcharges -$0.50 per trip for Blue tickets,19 cents for Green and Red tickets for people with disabilities. Red tickets for youth age 5 through 18 pay a 25 cent surcharge per trip. Riders are encouraged to get the applicable Clipper card (www.clippercard.com) to avoid the surcharge.
Purchase Tickets for a Student Group
Students on a school-sponsored field trip for an educational purpose are eligible for a 62.5% discount to the full blue ticket fare when purchased through Group Sales. Adult chaperones pay the full blue ticket fare. Students must be chaperoned by adults and enter and leave stations as a group. Click here for more details on how to purchase group tickets for school sponsored field trips.
Refund, Exchange or Donate Tickets
Learn more about claiming a ticket refund, consolidating tickets or donating the unused portion to local nonprofit.