Student Group Sales
Enrolled students of elementary, middle, and high schools located in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties on a school-sponsored field trip for educational purposes are eligible. Students must be chaperoned by adults at a ratio of at least 1 adult per 15 students, and all must enter , travel, and exit stations as a group – no exceptions.
Check out our great list of school field trip destinations located near BART stations: https://bartable.bart.gov/latest-news/best-field-trips-kids-bart
What’s the price?
Tickets for students on school field trips are priced at a 62.5% discount to the full blue ticket fare. Adult chaperones pay the full blue ticket fare.
Send a letter on your school letterhead with the following information:
- Date and approximate time of trip.
- Purpose of trip.
- Name of BART stations of entry and exit for each leg of trip.
- Number of students.
- Include school check (credit card payment may be arranged via mutual agreement). Payment may include full fare for chaperones (in which case identify # of chaperones), or chaperones may purchase their tickets directly at the station.
- Full street address for delivery (no PO Box). NOTE: signature will be required upon delivery
- Signature with printed name and title of school officer placing the order.
BART Group Sales
300 Lakeside Drive, 22nd Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
Or email to email@example.com if you are paying by credit card.
Your group (minimum 20 passengers) can travel using individually encoded tickets, or if 100 or more persons, via original group Letter of Authorization (upon request). To ensure timely delivery of tickets or letter, BART must receive your paid order at least 21 working days in advance of travel date for processing.
By submitting a field trip ticket order, the ordering school’s administration certifies that all students traveling on these discounted tickets are enrolled at the ordering school.
Please use this opportunity to enhance your students’ riding experience by encouraging safety, courtesy and good judgment while in the BART system.
Group Sales Info: (510) 464-6964