The canopy contract is currently being advertised. We will continue to update all interested parties so please check back regularly. Thanks!
SF BART and Muni Escalator/Entrance Project
BART and the City of San Francisco are working to protect the transit stations from weather, and improve both security and escalator durability. Market Street will eventually have new protective canopies for the BART/MUNI entrances at all of the Downtown San Francisco stations.
Phase 1 includes:
- 3 entrances (2 at Powell St Station by Men's Wearhouse and Diesel Stores and 1 at Civic Center Station by CVS Pharmacy)
- New canopies (which locks at street level when the stations are closed), escalator replacement, lighting, real time transit information and maps
- Phase 1 is funded
Phase 1 Schedule
- Complete Design in Winter 2015
- Advertise in Late Summer 2016
- Construction to begin in Winter 2016
- Complete Phase 1 in Spring 2018
Phase 2 includes:
- Remaining entrances at Powell and Civic Center Stations
- Funding Plan under development
Phase 3 includes:
- All entrances at Embarcadero and Montgomery Stations
- Phase 3 is currently not funded
- Please Contact Tim Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or comments.
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752.
Si usted necesita algún servicio de asistencia de lenguaje, por favor llame al 510-464-6752.