SF BART and Muni Escalator/Entrance Project
BART and the City of San Francisco are working to protect the transit stations from weather, and improve both security and escalator durability. Market Street will eventually have over 30 new protective canopies at the BART/MUNI entrances.
Phase 1 includes:
- 3 entrances (2 at Powell St Station by Men's Wearhouse and Diesel Stores and 1 at Civic Center Station by CVS Pharmacy)
- New canopies (which locks at street level when the stations are closed), escalator replacement, lighting, real time transit information and maps
- Phase 1 is funded
Phase 1 Schedule
- Complete Design in Winter 2015
- Advertise in Summer 2016
- Construction to begin in Fall 2016
- Complete Phase 1 in Winter 2017
Phase 2 includes:
- Remaining entrances at Powell and Civic Center Stations
- Phase 2 is funded
Phase 3 includes:
- All entrances at Embarcadero and Montgomery Stations
- Phase 3 is currently not funded
- Please Contact Tim Chan (email@example.com) with any questions or comments.
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752.
Si usted necesita algún servicio de asistencia de lenguaje, por favor llame al 510-464-6752.