The BART Board approved the canopy contract on January 12, 2017. We will post updated construction information on this site as we learn more.
SF BART and Muni Escalator/Entrance Project
BART and the City of San Francisco are working to protect the transit stations from weather, and improve both security and escalator durability. Market Street will eventually have new protective canopies for the BART/MUNI entrances at all of the Downtown San Francisco stations. This project is being coordinated with the Market Street Escalator Program.
Phase 1 includes:
- Up to 3 entrances (2 base - 1 at Powell St. Station by Diesel Store and 1 at Civic Center Station by CVS Pharmacy. 1 Option at Powell St. Station by Men's Wearhouse)
- New canopies (which locks at street level when the stations are closed), escalator replacement, lighting, real time transit information and maps
- Phase 1 is fully funded.
Phase 1 Schedule
- Contract administration - Winter 2017
- Canopy fabrication and construction mobilization - Summer 2017
- Construction to begin - Fall 2017
With the Passage of Measure RR, Phase 2 includes:
- Remaining entrances at Powell and Civic Center stations
- All of Embarcadero and Montgomery stations
- This project will be coordinated with the Market Street Escalator Program
- Environmental clearance and design will start in 2017
- Please Contact Tim Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or comments.
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752.
Si usted necesita algún servicio de asistencia de lenguaje, por favor llame al 510-464-6752.