Transit Career Ladders Training Program
We are proud to announce BART was selected as one of 19 out of the 50 competing agencies to receive a Ladder of Opportunity Grant from the FTA.
The District has implemented the Transit Career Ladders Training program to promote transportation careers in low-income, unemployed and underemployed communities, and among minorities, veterans and women through participant enrollment in colleges programs to help fill future positions such as Electricians, Transit Vehicle Electronic Technicians (TVET) and Transit Communication Electronic Technicians (TCET).
The project funding for the TCLT Program has been used to help support new transit entrants into the transit industry in the electrical and electronic fields.
Learn more about Transit Related Positions
To reach us, please email HRPL@bart.gov.For assistance with the online application, please call our hotline at 510-464-6112 from Monday to Friday 8:30-5:00 p.m.
COLLEGE & WEBSITE
CSM (San Mateo)
DVC (Pleasant Hill)
Partnering Workforce Investment Boards Locations
For resources such as use of computer, supportive services assistance, case management and job placement assistance, find your local career center for assistance at one of the locations websites below.
- East Bay Works is partnered with the following Workforce Investment Boards: Oakland Workforce Investment Board, Alameda County Workforce Investment Board, Richmond Workforce Investment Board, Contra Costa County Workforce Development Board. If you reside in any of these cities or counties, please go to the Eastbay Works website for information about Career Centers near you.
- NOVA is directed by the NOVA Workforce Board, which works on behalf of an eight-jurisdiction consortium composed of Cupertino, Los Altos, Milpitas, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale, as well the entirety of San Mateo County.
- San Francisco Workforce Investment Board offers Career Center services for the City and County of San Francisco, through its website
- San Mateo County Investment Board offers Career Center services through its website: The Peninsula Works website partners with Career Centers in Daly City, San Mateo, Menlo Park and Sunnyvale. If you reside in or near any of these cities or counties, please go to the website for information about Career Centers near you.
Other Bay Area Workforce Investment Board Locations
- Marin County Workforce Investment Board offers Career Center Services through its website.
- Solano County Workforce Investment Board offers Career Center Services through its website.