The BART Bicycle Task Force meets the first Monday of even numbered months (i.e. Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec). The meetings are held in the Community Room, East Bay Paratransit Office at 1750 Broadway, Oakland (across the street from the 19th St/Uptown Bike Station). The meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are open to the public.
The Task Force is charged with reviewing and working with BART to improve bicycle access to and on BART.
Specifically, the Bicycle Task Force:
- Reviews and advises on priorities for BART projects that affect bicyclists using the BART system.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of BART plans, policies, procedures, programs, maintenance activities, and facilities on bicyclists who use BART and recommend improvements to bicyclists’ ability to access and utilize BART stations and trains.
- Provides a public forum for and encourage public participation in the discussion and resolution of all BART-related bicycle safety, security, and access issues.
- Considers and supports the access needs of all bicyclists who use BART, including commuting, transportation, recreational, racing, and utilitarian bicyclists.
- Collaborates with other citizen’s advisory committees as appropriate, e.g., the BART Accessibility Task Force (BATF), in order to consider the needs and safety concerns of other passengers such as wheelchair users and those with mobility impairments who may interact with cyclists or use facilities with bicyclists on BART trains and around BART stations.
The BART Bicycle Advisory Task Force bylaws were most recently revised and adopted on 12-05-2016: Amended_Bylaws_BBATF_ApprovedDec2016.pdf
The task force structure allows for fifteen members. Three (3) from each of the five counties BART serves (Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara). Members are appointed by each county's Bicycle Advisory Committee or its primary bicycle advocacy organization. If you are interested in serving on the task force, please attend at least one meeting and complete the membership application.
Current members and open postions include:
Mary Ann Blackwell
Jianhan Wang (Secretary)
San Francisco City/County
Rick Goldman (Chair)
Contra Costa County
Vacant x 1
San Mateo County
Katie DeLeuw (Vice-chair)
Vacant x 2
Santa Clara County
Steve Beroldo, Customer Access Department, is the BART staff liaison to the Task Force. If you have any questions about the Task Force or would like to send any comments to the Task Force, contact him by phone at (510) 464-6158 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.