Join a strong team of talented professionals dedicated to their work in a law enforcement department that’s just the right size to get ahead and build your career. Advancement is just waiting to be earned.
The BART Police Department now has a new salaries and has streamled its hiring process. We are offering a $15,000 hiring bonus for academy graduates or experienced officers. ($7,500 upon hire and $7,500 upon completion of the Field Training Program).
Thinking about joining? Here are a few things to consider:
- Work all over the Bay Area in different communities.
- Free BART transportation for employees and dependents
- BART offers $4,000 per year for educational reimbursement.
- BART pays for academy and salary is earned while in the academy.
- Bilingual extra pay incentive; Field Training Officer (5% extra pay); K9 unit ($950/mon. extra pay)
- Shift Differential (7% swings, 9.5% graveyards)
- State of the art equipment, new vehicles, and body worn cameras.
- Special assignments include: Regional SWAT Team Member, Detective, JTTF, Background Investigator, Training Officer, Evidence Tech, Critical Asset Patrol Team
- Crisis Intervention Training for all officers.
- BART PD is highly progressive, staying in the forefront of leadership and modern law enforcement concepts like De-Escalation training and Fair and Impartial policing training.