Office of Civil Rights
The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) serves a governance role at the District for equity programs and state and federal compliance. OCR's major compliance obligations at the District focuses on the following state and federal regulations and/or programs: Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, California Labor Code, Davis-Bacon and Related Acts, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Environmental Justice (EJ), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Small Business and Non-Discrimination Program for Subcontracting.
OCR is comprised of three divisions that support these responsibilities: Workforce and Policy Compliance, Contract and Labor Compliance, and Economic Opportunity Policies and Programs.
Upcoming Outreach Events
National Association of Minority Contractors: 2019 First Annual Networking Event
- Contractors Assistance Center, 150 Executive Park Blvd. Suite 1300, San Francisco, Ca 949124
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-association-of-minority-contractors-northern-california-chapter-networking-event-tickets-55389931777
Small Business Outreach: Construction Expo
- Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Friday, March 22, 2019
- 8:00am - 5:00pm
- RSVP: https://imis.agc-ca.org/imis/SBCX/
Small Business Outreach: Business Outreach Committe(BOC)
- AC Transit 1600 Franklin St (Board Room), Oakland, CA 94612
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- 2:00 – 3:00pm
- RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/business-outreach-committee-boc-public-participation-meeting-tickets-36965387469
To become a Local Small Business, Local LGBTBE, Local DVBE, download verification form here.
For the Business Advisory Council Bylaws, click here.
Title VI Information
Contract Compliance and Certification:
Ruby Smith, Program Manager II, email@example.com or (510) 464-6324
Ardis Graham, Manager of Special Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 464-6195