$1.00 daily parking fee at Orinda begins April 24
Beginning Monday, April 24, 2006, BART will be implementing a $1.00 daily parking charge at Orinda Station as part of its paid parking program. This is two weeks later than the scheduled implementation date of April 10.
The program is being implemented at BART's 10 busiest stations in the East Bay. Payment of parking fees will be required on weekdays between 4:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. The fee program, combined with existing programs, will offer customers a variety of parking options while helping BART maintain high quality service and help meet its difficult financial challenges.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FEE PARKING & PERMIT PARKING
Fee Parking areas are for customers who park their cars and then pay the daily parking fee. Permit Parking areas are for customers who purchase a single day, monthly reserved or airport/long term parking permit before arriving at the station (as explained below). New signs will be installed designating Permit and Fee areas. After 10 a.m., any available space becomes a daily paid (fee) space.
Daily Fee Payment Customers using the daily fee payment area should park their car, take note of their parking stall number and then follow these procedures:
If you have a blue high value ticket:
1. Proceed through the fare gates and go to addfare/parking validation machine.
2. Insert your high value train ticket into the addfare/parking validation machine and enter your parking space number.
3. The parking fee will be deducted from your ticket and you will be provided with a receipt.
If you wish to purchase a single round trip ticket:
1. Add your parking fee to the cost of your BART fare at the ticket machine.
2. Proceed through the fare gates to the addfare/parking validation machine.
3. Insert your BART ticket into the addfare/parking validation machine and enter your parking space number.
Note: customers may also pay the daily parking fee in cash at the addfare/parking validation machine.
Other Parking Options
Single Day Reserved: Customers can be assured of having a parking space held until 10 a.m. by reserving it in advance online before arriving at the station. Customers print and display the permit in their car. The cost is $4.00 per day. As many as 10 single day reserved permits may be purchased at one time.
Airport/Long Term Reserved: Customers can reserve parking for longer than 24 hours by buying this type of permit online. The cost of this program is $5.00 per day.