Rockridge construction to temporarily limit daily fee and permit parking
We will need to temporarily relocate some Daily Fee and Permit parking spaces as we continue our Earthquake Safety Program construction. Daily Fee spaces will be temporary relocated in the overflow Permit parking spaces in the upper portion of the western lot only. Additional parking for Permit holders will be available in the eastern parking lot on the opposite side of College Avenue (download a diagram .pdf showing the temporary relocation areas). Please watch for signs with safety information and other notices.
Earthquake Safety Program crews are completing the overhead retrofits in the western parking lot and when that work is completed, crews will begin work on the column foundations. We will do this phase of the retrofit work in two stages for approximately four months per stage.
Construction Work Details
- Description: Constructing temporary enclosures, foundation retrofits, wrapping columns with reinforcements and protecting utilities and equipment
- Location: 14 columns in the western parking lot
- Start Date: Late May 2010
- Duration: Approximately nine months
- Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
- Emergency work as necessary
To contact the Earthquake Safety Program or obtain additional information, please visit our website at www.bart.gov/earthquakesafety or call our Program Information Line at 510.874.7425. Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.
Si necesita información en español, por favor llame al 510.874.7425.