Fremont Station parking lot construction through October
As part of the BART Warm Springs Extension Project, construction crews will begin modifying the southeast entrance to the Fremont Station in mid-August (see impacted area on map below). The easternmost driveway on Walnut Avenue will be restricted to allow entering vehicles only. Vehicles leaving the station will need to use alternate drive exits. We expect that the work will take approximately 8 weeks. The work will include, but is not limited to:
- Repaving, landscaping and other improvements in impacted area;
- Vehicle access into the station from the easternmost driveway on Walnut Avenue will be temporarily narrowed to entrance only;
- Temporary shifting, narrowing and closing of drive aisles in parking lot;
- Temporary closing of some parking; and
- Temporary sidewalk detours.
Please follow all posted parking and pedestrian detour signs and other notices regarding construction activities and safety information.
We appreciate your continued patience during construction.