Temporary access modifications at El Cerrito del Norte Aug./Sep. 2018
As part of the City of El Cerrito’s Ohlone Greenway Improvement Project, changes will be occurring at the station affecting access over the next few weeks. (Click here for a map of the changes).
August 16th and 17th, the Ohlone Greenway shared use path will be paved on the segment adjacent to the station. One crossing between the station and the pick-up/drop-off and garage will be open at all times. Paving will be complete and open to pedestrians starting August 17th.
Starting August 20th, the east side bus lane will be closed for approximately 2 weeks.
- AC Transit southbound 72, 72M, 72R, 684, and 800 stops will temporarily move to the Corner of Cutting Blvd. at Key Blvd.
- WestCat JL/JR will temporarily move to the corner of Key Blvd at Cutting Blvd.
- CDPH Shuttle will move to Liberty St at Key Blvd behind the garage
- Taxis will move to the surface parking lot adjacent to the garage.
- The exit from the garage onto Hill Street will be closed, and two left lanes will be available to turn left from the surface parking lot and garage onto Cutting Blvd.
- The crosswalks across the east side bus lane at both ends of the station will be closed.
The pedestrian and ADA Accessible paths will change as follows:
- The Ohlone Greenway and the sidewalks adjacent to the garage will be open
- There will be at least on crossing available at all times between the station entrance and the garage, pick-up/drop-off, and taxis.
- Temporary crosswalks will be installed on the east side of the BART driveways into and out of the garage to Cutting Blvd and Hill St.
- A crosswalk will be available from the Ohlone Greenway to the WestCat buses on the south side of the station
- All crosswalks at the north and south ends of the station - across the east side bus lane and from the station across Cutting Blvd and Hill Street - will be closed.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.