Plaza improvements at MacArthur Station October 2018 update
As you can see, we have been working hard to update the plaza at the station. The whole project should be finished in spring 2019. The entire project includes the construction of a new, secure bike station, removal of planters, all new concrete flooring, and lighting improvements.
On October 23 and 24th (and potentially 25th as a back-up), concrete trucks will be located in the shuttle loading zone during the AM period, and will require the following changes to shuttles, bicycle, and pedestrian access:
- A protected walkway will be provided for pedestrians walking along the access road to the parking garage and hospital shuttles.
- Hospital shuttles will stop along the Access Road closer to the garage
- Emery Go Round will stop on 40th Street at the taxi zone, all day, even once the pour is complete.
- Taxis will be located on the north side of 40th Street.
- Bicyclists will need to use an alternate route or dismount and walk their bicycles through the pedestrian detour.
Please see the map below or click here for a .pdf.
Watch for signs and flag people who will direct you to a safe route through the construction.
We will issue updated bulletins and update the information on our website as the work continues. We know that this work will inconvenience you. We appreciate your patience.