Downtown Berkeley Station Modernization
The photo rendering above shows a possible new concourse ceiling, walls and floors as part of the ongoing BART Station Modernization Plan for Downtown Berkeley.
The Downtown Berkeley Station Modernization Plan aims to create a community-based vision for modernizing the station with a high standard of design excellence, functionality and cost effectiveness. It will identify and prioritize long-term improvements to guide future investment in the station, including fixing and upgrading core existing station and system facilities to keep the station functioning well, as well as other proposed upgrades to improve station circulation, access and customer experience. Further input from the upcoming outreach events and online survey will help BART prioritize the order in which investments will be made as funding becomes available.
This Plan is distinct from, but complementary to, the Downtown Berkeley Plaza Project , which has gone through a separate community planning process in partnership with the City of Berkeley, and will begin construction this fall.
Develop a phased implementation plan for improvements to modernize Downtown Berkeley Station and enhance customer experience.
- Enhance Downtown Berkeley Station as a gateway to the City of Berkeley and the UC Berkeley campus
- Modernize and refresh the station to bring it into the 21st century
- Ensure that the station design reflects BART’s sustainability goals
- Enhance access and connections between the station and the Downtown Berkeley neighborhood
- Improve the station’s function, safety, capacity and appearance
- Incorporate art and community identity into the station
- Incorporate station amenities to improve customer experience
If you need language assistance services, please call 510-464-6752.
Si necesita servicios de asistencia de idiomas, llame al 510-464-6752.
Nếu quý vị cần ðược giúp ðỡ về ngôn ngữ, xin vui lòng gọi số 510-464-6752.
통역이 필요하신 분은, 510-464-6752로 문의하십시오.
Kung kailangan mo ang tulong ng mga serbisyo ng wika, paki tawagan ang (510) 464-6752.