Position Open on BART Police Citizen Review Board
The BART Board of Directors is currently in the process of recruiting a public-at-large appointee for the BART Police Citizen Review Board (BPCRB).
The BPCRB is comprised of 11 members. The one public-at-large position is appointed jointly by the BART Board of Directors.
Members of the BPCRB work to increase the public's confidence in BART's Policing services by:
- Reviewing, recommending and monitoring the implementation of changes to police policies, procedures and practices
- Receiving citizen allegations of on-duty police misconduct
- Advising Board of Directors, General Manager, Independent Police Auditor and Police Chief
- Participating in recommending appropriate disciplinary action
- Meeting periodically with representatives of the BART Police associations
- Participating in community outreach
Application period closes on May 11, 2018
Call (510) 874-7477 with any questions.