Take transit to Outside Lands
Take transit to Outside Lands
BART will run regular service until around midnight on Friday, October 29 and Saturday, October 30.
Plan your specific trip with our Trip Planner. It is also helpful to look at our regular map and our "Sunday and Evenings" map to understand the lines that run for your trip there and your trip home at night.
On Sunday, BART typically closes around 9pm but we will be running special extended service outlined below.
Getting To The Concert
From BART, you can connect with Muni:
- N Judah light rail from all 4 downtown San Franciscio Stations (Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, and Civic Center).
- Or the 5R Fulton Rapid bus from our Montgomery station.
If you are taking the prepaid Outside Lands shuttle, exit at Civic Center and head the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, across the street from the station.
Muni's N Judah light rail connects to all 4 downtown San Franciscio Stations (Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, and Civic Center).
Muni's express buses (5X Fulton Express from Fulton/30th) will drop off at Market and Hyde near BART's Civic Center Station. The prepaid local shuttle service offered by Outside Lands drops off at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, across the street from Civic Center BART Station.
The last BART trains of the evening leave Civic Center BART Station at the following times:
Friday October 29
- 12:00am towards Dublin (with transfer to Berryessa)
- 12:29am towards Antioch (with transfer to Richmond line)
- 1:17am towards SFO
Saturday October 30
- 12:28am towards Dublin (with transfer to Berryessa)
- 12:30am towards Antioch (with transfer to Richmond line)
- 1:17am towards SFO
Sunday October 31
Regular Sunday BART Service
- 9:29pm- Antioch (Yellow)
- 9:29pm- Daly City
- 9:32pm– Dublin/Pleasanton (Blue). This is the last direct service (no need to transfer) Dublin train.
- 9:32pm- SFO + Millbrae
- 10:01pm– Daly City
- 10:18pm- SFO (This is the last train that will serve SFO airport, it does not serve Millbrae Station)
Special hourly late-night service on Sunday October 31
We will operate one transbay 10 car train an hour which will be timed to meet up with two other trains across the system to serve 48 out of our 50 stations. Trains will not serve the airport stations (OAK and SFO) but will stop at all other stations.
Extended service details:
- Only the Yellow line (Millbrae to Antioch) will run transbay. Riders heading from San Francisco towards Richmond, Berryessa, and Dublin will need to transfer. The train will not serve SFO.
- Southbound Yellow line (Antioch to Millbrae) trains will run to Millbrae, stopping at all stations except SFO.
- The Blue line will operate from Bay Fair to Dublin only (If travelling from San Francisco, Dublin-bound riders need to transfer at 12th Street to a Berryessa (Orange line) bound train and then transfer to a Dublin (Blue line) train at Bay Fair to complete their trip. These transfers will be timed meets to reduce travel time.
- The Orange line (Richmond to Berryessa) will also run hourly to coincide with the other trains. Riders coming from San Francisco who need to transfer to a Richmond-bound train will do so at MacArthur; riders who need to transfer to a Berryessa-bound train (or Dublin) will do so at 12th Street. These transfers will be timed meets to reduce travel time. BART to OAK service will not be operating after regular BART hours.
Times of Special Hourly Service From Civic Center Station
- 10:29pm- Antioch (All northbound riders to the East Bay board this train and will transfer in the East Bay if necessary)
- 11:18pm- Millbrae (This train will not stop at SFO)
- 11:29pm- Antioch (All northbound riders to the East Bay board this train and will transfer in the East Bay if necessary)
- 12:18- Millbrae (This train will not stop at SFO)
- 12:29am- Antioch (All northbound riders to the East Bay will board this train and will transfer in the East Bay if necessary)
- 1:18am- Millbrae (This train will not stop at SFO)
PDF timetables of the hourly service:
Please note, this service will be operated using train operators taking voluntary overtime shifts and therefore it is subject to availability. BART will also ask for volunteer shifts to add event trains to the schedule to have even more service after 9pm. These trains could be brought in as large crowds for Outside Lands arrive at Civic Center station after 9pm. But these extra trains will be subject to available train operators.
We've added these Sunday trips to the BART Trip Planner. We will make the special schedule available to third party apps, but we can’t guarantee third party apps will upload the special service schedule. All added trips will show up in Real Time Departures on bart.gov and the official BART app.
Tips for Riding
- Plan your specific trip using our Trip Planner.
- Masks are required at BART, even if fully vaccinated.
- BART Parking is free after 3pm on Friday and is free on Saturday and Sunday except for the Milpitas and Berryessa/North San Jose stations, which are not operated by BART.
- To save time and hassle, it is recommended you get a Clipper card in advance with round trip fare loaded. You can add Clipper to your mobile wallet and pay for BART fares with Google Pay and Apple Pay. All riders can immediately load funds through their wallet to their Clipper card.
*This article was originally posted 10/15/21 and is being updated.