Office of Civil Rights - Support Services
Small Business Support Services
BART's Office of Civil Rights is providing a new service, Pre-Award and Post-Award Small Business Support Services (SBSS) to increase participation for small businesses, minority and women-owned businesses on construction contracts. In December 2018 BART partnered with The Allen Group, and their team of subject matter experts, to implement a District-wide SBSS Program. The goals of the Programs are to:
- Increase the pool of qualified small businesses bidding on, and winning BART Contracts;
- Provide support to increase the capacity for small businesses; and
- Provide Technical Assistance to small businesses.
Small Business Support Services (Not limited to)
- SBE/SB/DEB Certification Assistance
- Facilitating Relationships between Prime/Subcontractors
- Developing Curriculums including but not limited to: Interpreting Plans & Specifications; Estimating/Costing; Safety; Bid Preparation; Bondign/Insurance; Contract Provisions & Requirements; Workforce Development & Compliance; Effective Communications Training
- Post-Award Negotiations
- Contract Requirements
- Control Plan Requirements
- Change Order Process & Requirements
- Invoicing/Progress Payment Processing
- Notice of Potential Claims/Claim Processing
- Scheduling/Coordination Requirements
- Construction Safety Plan Prep & Requirements
- Project Closeout
- Certified Payroll
The SBSS Program is funded on your behalf at no-cost to small businesses by BART.
Should you, or an organization you are part of, wish to contact the SBSS Program team:
Email BART SBSS Program Administrator Javieree PruittHill at SBSupportiveServices@bart.gov or call us at (510)287-4700.
Please email BART SBSS Program Administrator Javieree PruittHill at SBSupportiveServices@bart.gov or call us at (510)287-4700.