Office of Civil Rights - Labor Compliance
BART’s Labor Compliance Unit (LCU) within the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) ensures that prime contractors, subcontractors and professional services firms on public works construction projects strictly adhere to Federal and State prevailing wage guidelines by collecting, monitoring and documenting certified payroll reports (CPR), verifying accuracy through site visits and worker interviews, and initiating the enforcement process in the event of violations.
California Labor Code §1726 requires that BART take cognizance of prevailing wage violations, and when BART identifies possible violations it can then formally notify the State of California's Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) who may impose penalties and recover back wages through the withholding of contract payments.
Do you have questions about Prevailing Wage on Public Works projects?
Contact BART’s Labor Compliance Unit Hotline
Workers on BART Public Works projects can submit a Worker Complaint Form to notify BART's Labor Compliance Unit of potential prevailing wage violations.
Download BART’s Labor Compliance Information Card for Workers
State of California Department of Industrial Relations Prevailing Wage Determinations
All workers employed on public works projects must be paid the prevailing wage rate as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, depending on the location of the project and type of work performed.
BART Fact Sheets for Contractors
Certified Payroll Reports
Contractors on BART public works projects submit electronic Certified Payroll Reports (CPRs) through Elation Systems
Additionally, contractors are required to submit CPRs to the California State Department of Industrial Relations.
SB 854 Public Works Contractor Registration Information
All contractors and subcontractors who bid or work on a public works project must register and pay an annual fee to the California Department of Industrial Relations. (SB 854)
Project Stabilization Agreements (PSAs)
Several BART public works projects are governed by Project Stabilization Agreements (PSA). Each PSA carries specific requirements and goals. The three current PSAs are listed below, along with pertinent fact sheets and forms.
Schedule A's - Collective Bargaining Agreements
The following is a list of Collective Bargaining Agreements (or Schedule A's) from the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District's signatory unions to the Major Projects Project Stabilization Agreement. BART requests updated CBAs from signatory unions on a regular basis and updates to this section will be provided as additional information is received. If you have updated information to provide, please contact us at email@example.com
- Boilermakers Local 549 Article of Agreements 2014-2017.pdf
- Bricklayer Local 3 Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Carpenters Master Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Drywall - Lathing District Council 16 Master Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Electrical Workers Local 6 Inside Agreement 2014-2018.pdf
- Electrical Workers Local 302 Master Agreement 2015-2018.pdf
- Electrical Workers Local 332 Inside Agreement 2015-2018.pdf
- IBEW 595 Master Agreement Agreement 2016-2019.pdf
- Electrical Workers Local 617 Inside Agreement 2014-2018.pdf
- Electrical Workers Local 684 Inside Agreement 2015-2018.pdf
- Electrical Workers Local 684 Wage Rates.pdf
- Elevator Constructors Local 8 Master Agreement 2012-2017.pdf
- Floor Covering District Council 16 Master Agreement 2015-2019.pdf
- Glaziers District Council 16 Master Agreement 2015-2018.pdf
- Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers Local 16 Master Agreement 2013-2016.pdf
- Iron Workers Local 378 Master Agreement 2014-2017.pdf
- Laborers Master Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Marble Masons - Marble Finishers Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Operating Engineers Local 3 Master Agreement 2016-2020.pdf
- Painters District Council 16 Master Agreement 2014-2017.pdf
- Pile Drivers Local 34 Master Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Plasterers Local 66 Master Agreement 2013-2017.pdf
- Plasterers Local 300 2013-2017.pdf
- Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 38 CBA 2012-2017.pdf
- Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 159 Master Agreement 2016-2019.pdf
- Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 342 Master Agreement 2015-2018.pdf
- Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 355 CBA 2014-2017.pdf
- Pointer - Cleaner - Caulker Agreement 2015-2018.pdf
- Roofer Local 81 Working Agreement 2015-2020.pdf
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 162 Labor Agreement 2017 extended.pdf
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 104 Labor Agreement 2019.pdf
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 104 Wage Rates
- Sprinkler Fitters Local 483 Agreement 2014-2018.pdf
- Teamster Master Construction Agreement 2016-2020 Part 1.pdf
- Teamster Master Construction Agreement 2016-2020 Part 2.pdf
- Terrazzo Agreement 2014-2019.pdf
- Tile Agreement 2014-2016.pdf
- Window Cleaners Local 1877 Master Labor Agreement 2014-2017.pdf