Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) - MacArthur
The MacArthur Transit Village is a new multi-use development located next to the MacArthur BART Station in North Oakland.
- This project is a collaborative effort involving BART, the City of Oakland’s Redevelopment Agency, MacArthur Transit Community Partners (MTCP) and other stakeholders.
- The MacArthur Transit Village will include 877 high-density residential units, over 35,000 square feet of retail, a new 481 space BART parking garage, and other improvements to the station on a former BART parking lot. https://www.oaklandca.gov/projects/macarthur-transit-village-project
- Already completed key components of this project include:
- 90 affordable residential units (constructed by BRIDGE housing)
- Another 385 residential units and 25,500 square feet of retail space (constructed by Hines Interests).
- A 481-space parking structure, with 450 spaces for BART patrons
- The renovation of the station’s plaza entrance including a new enclosed bike station built to accommodate over 200 bicycles and other BART station improvements.
- The Hines Interests development was recently completed (Parcel C in November 2019 and Parcel A in February 2020).
- In May 2018, Boston Properties began construction on the remaining 402 (high-rise) units and 13,000 square feet of retail with substantial completion anticipated in late 2020.
- BART plaza upgrades were completed in June 2019. Improvements to the plaza included a 200+ space secured bicycle station; removal of existing landscaping planters and benches; replacement of the Plaza’s floor materials; new lighting, benches and wayfinding.