Safe Routes to BART
BART is helping partner agencies implement active transportation capital projects off BART property to support BART's Access Policy, expand station access choices and make it safer and easier for all riders to use the system.
- Mode Shift: Expand opportunities to access BART stations with potential to shift people from driving and parking to walking and biking.
- Project Readiness: Deliver near-term, enduring active access improvements to real property that demonstrate a clear nexus to a BART station.
- Partnership: Collaborate with local partners to create more sustainable communities.
- Equitable: Provide equitable access for disadvantaged communities.
- Customer Experience: Enhance personal safety and security; add to passenger comfort and sense of place.
- Complete communities: Promote Transit-Oriented Development (TOD).
- Leverage: Leverage other funding sources to deliver improvements.
Winter 2020 with applications due in Spring 2020
Additional Program Information:
- Project Sponsors must be public agencies from Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco counties.
- Number and frequency of cycles: TBD.
- Funds must be used for construction only.
- One project submission/BART station/applicant/cycle.
For more information, please email the Safe Routes to BART team at SR2B@bart.gov