Warm Springs Extension Construction Updates
Irvington Station Project
Update 6/1/2020 Notification #2: Goats for Weed Abatement at Gallegos Winery Site
Summary of Activity: A team of goats will soon be at the Gallegos Winery site to remove weeds, grasses and other overgrown vegetation. The goats and their handlers will be at the site for approximately two weeks. For your safety, please note any posted signs about staying clear of the area.
- Increased noise in areas where goats are located.
- June 2020
UPDATE 4/6/2020 Notification #1: Irvington Station Project Surveying & Geotechnical Investigations
Summary of Activity: Surveying & geotechnical investigations, including soil sampling and borings, in support of the design of the Irvington BART Station.
- Increased noise and vibration from equipment.
- Start of Surveying & Geotechnical Investigations - November 2019
- Anticipated End of Surveying & Geotechnical Investigations - July 2020
West Access Bridge & Plaza Project
Notification #1: Warm Springs / South Fremont Station West Access Bridge & Plaza Project
Summary of Activity: Construction of a pedestrian bridge connecting to the West Side of the Warm Springs / South Fremont BART Station
- Starting around the first week of January, a barricade will be installed next to Station Agent’s booth to separate the work zone from public space.
- Minor construction activities on the platform and concourse levels of the station.
- Construction noise and dust
- Single-tracking of BART trains may be required on nights / weekends to facilitate the work.
View the video below for a quad copter tour of the Warm Springs / South Fremont Station site.
View the video below for a quad copter ride down the Warm Springs Extension project alignment and around the new Warm Springs / South Fremont Station.
Choose a notification below for full details.
Line, Track, Station & Systems (LTSS) Contract
Last Updated: May 2020